|(mi KON a
|Absorbine® Antifungal Foot Powder
[OTC]; Breezee® Mist Antifungal [OTC]; Femizol-M®[OTC]; Fungoid® Creme; Fungoid® Tincture; Lotrimin® AF Powder [OTC]; Lotrimin® AF Spray Liquid [OTC]; Lotrimin® AF Spray Powder [OTC]; Maximum Strength Desenex® Antifungal Cream
[OTC]; Micatin® Topical [OTC]; Mitrazol®[OTC]; Monistat-Derm™ Topical; Monistat™ Vaginal; M-Zole® 7 Dual Pack [OTC]; Ony-Clear® Spray; Prescription Strength Desenex®[OTC]; Zeasorb-AF® Powder
|Foreign Brand Names|
|Aloid (Mexico); Daktarin (Mexico); Dermifun (Mexico); Fungiquim (Mexico); Gyno-Daktarin (Mexico); Gyno-Daktarin V (Mexico); Neomicol®
Antifungal Agent, Parenteral; Antifungal Agent, Topical; Antifungal Agent,
|What key warnings should I know about before taking this
- Miconazole intravaginal cream or suppository may increase
warfarin's effect. May cause bleeding or bruising when used
|Reasons not to take this medicine|
- If you have an allergy to another fungal antibiotic, miconazole, or
any other part of the medicine.
- If you are taking
|What is this medicine used for?|
- This medicine is used for the treatment of fungus (yeast) infections.
The infection can be on the skin, or in the
|How does it work?|
- Miconazole makes the skin of the fungus (yeast) leaky. This kills the
|How is it best taken?|
- Do not take by mouth. For skin only. Keep out of mouth, nose, and eyes
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Clean affected area before use.
- Use a small amount over the area affected as a light film. Rub in
- Do not put coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) over the area
unless told to do so by healthcare provider.
- Spray or sprinkle powder over affected area.
- Use tablet or cream vaginally.
- Keep out of mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash hands before and after use.
- Use entire prescription as directed, even if feeling
|What do I do if I miss a dose?|
- Use a missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed one. Return to
your regular schedule.
- Do not use a double dose or extra
|What are the precautions when taking this
- Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make
sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling
about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of
face, lips, tongue, throat; or any other symptoms involved.
- Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting
- Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
- If you are taking warfarin, talk with healthcare provider. Could have
increased bleeding or bruising when using the 2 medicines together.
- Do not use if you have belly pain, fever, or bad-smelling discharge.
Talk with healthcare provider.
- Use sanitary napkin or pad to protect clothing. This medicine may
- Read information enclosed with product before use. Talk with
healthcare provider if you have any
|What are the common side effects of this
- Redness, burning, stinging, and itching.
- Mild burning, irritation, or stinging.
- Lower belly cramping or
|What should I monitor?|
- Vaginal and skin:
- Number of fungus (yeast) infections. If these occur often, talk with
|Reasons to call healthcare provider
- Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing;
tightness in the chest; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits;
swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Any rash.
- Severe redness, stinging, blistering, peeling, swelling, or itching.
- No improvement in condition after 28 days or feeling worse.
- No improvement in 7 days or feeling
|How should I store this medicine?|
- Store at room
- Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, herbal/supplements,
vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider
(doctor, nurse, pharmacist, physician assistant).
- Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine,
including over-the-counter or natural products (herbs,
Copyright © 1978-2001 Lexi-Comp Inc. All Rights Reserved